Avella is a national specialty pharmacy with dedicated resources focused on the unique needs of multiple sclerosis patients and their health care providers.
Our pharmacists have clinical expertise in multiple sclerosis and are available to patients and physicians on a 24-hour basis.
Our clinical pharmacists and support teams work diligently to maintain a continuum of care between the provider’s office, Avella, the patient and the caregivers. With every prescription, we are in constant communication with the patient and their health care providers to ensure safe, efficient and quality care.
Avella supplies these treatments and offers greater convenience for at-home administration but often requires specialized education to effectively manage side effects, ensure adherence to therapy and obtain clinically desirable outcomes. Our pharmacists partner with patients, caregivers and health care providers to ensure medications are taken correctly and that any adverse drug events are recognized and reported immediately.
Patient Care Services
- Assistance with all insurance issues, including verification of benefits and prior authorization
- Expert handling of Medicare Parts B and D billing
- Split billing to help manage out-of-pocket costs
- Co-pay and patient assistance programs
- Ability to ship and bill insurance in all 50 states
- No medication shipping charges, including overnight services
- Refill reminders and wellness checks tailored to the specific disease and drug therapies
- Complete manufacturer patient educational materials shipped with each prescription
- Non-English speaking capabilities
- High-touch partnerships with patients and their health care providers
- Clinical pharmacist support available 24 hours a day, seven days a week